The National Archives has a leak-free roof with a 12-year warranty and ongoing maintenance contract.
PURPOSE OF THE WORK:
To stop leaks in the roof by replacing and improving glazing and curtain walling in building Q2, and to cut energy consumption.
WHAT WE DELIVERED:
- Project to refurbish roof glazing and curtain walling to eliminate roof leaks in this 13,500sq m listed building
- Improved glazing which contributed to a cut in energy consumption of around 50% over four years
- Improved safety through the installation of new electrically-operated smoke vents linked to the fire alarm system
- Reduction in maintenance costs by doing away with patch repairs
- Enhanced working environment through glare reduction and improved sound insulation under the Heathrow flight-path
- The building remained fully accessible for over 500 staff and hundreds of visitors a day throughout the project.
The National Archives have a leak-free building with a 12-year warranty against leaks and an ongoing maintenance contract.
FULL CASE STUDY:
Structura UK is an exemplar contractor and we’ve now got the confidence with Structura that the roof maintenance and warranty is in perfect hands. Spokesperson from The Estates & Facilities Department, The National Archives
The National Archives
The National Archives Estate Team
Atria & Roof Glazing, Case Studies, Glass Polishing and Refurbishment, Kalwall, Leak Investigations, Listed Building Refurbishment, Structura Case Study