REFURBISHMENT WITH NO DRAMA
A modern facelift for this 1970’s landmark next to the Lyric Theatre
PURPOSE OF THE WORK:
- Improvements to all external elevations and enhancement of the building’s appearance, thermal and acoustic performance
- Originally constructed in the mid 1970’s of reinforced concrete frame, the façade has been extensively refurbished and re-clad to give a more update look to the building
- The project has been selected as a finalist in the Architects Journal Retrofit Awards 2019.
WHAT WE DELIVERED:
- Replacement of windows between levels 2 & 12
- Full height glazing to the new 14th floor, offering panoramic views
- Full height cantilevered glazing to the East Staircase
Our work not only enhanced the visual appeal of the building, the new curtain walling contributed towards a ‘very good’ BREAAM rating.
Stiff + Trevillion
Kings Retail S.A.R.L.
Architectural Glazing, Curtain Walling, Glazing Refurbishment, Project, Window & Door Refurbishment