Trainee Project Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties of a Trainee Project Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist in various tasks working alongside our Senior Project Managers/Directors.
- Assist in the preparation, agree and monitor all Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Programmes for all sub-contract operations.
- Assist in the scheduling, procure and monitor the supply of all materials and subcontracted operations for the project to ensure that the overall programme is maintained.
- Assist in the supervision and control of all on-site operations with additional on-site assistance if required.
- Assist with the monitoring, updates and reports on costs/budgets for all contract related purchases and expenditure including materials, plant, labour etc.
- Assist estimators and team members in preparing quotes and monitoring variations.
- Assist with the Co-ordination and monitor the design and detailing process.
- Assist with the liaison and coordination of Structura UK Ltd’s programme with the client and other work package contractors, to ensure the regular progress of the works.
- Assist in the preparation and maintain Structura UK Ltd’s job-specific quality plan ensuring that all records, inspections, testing and quality control procedures are carried out at all times.
- Prepare and maintain all short-term programmes and information required by the client to monitor and conform to the agreed contract programme.
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Computer literate to a good standard using Word and Excel, PowerPoint is desirable.
- Use to working with software packages.
- Good communicator and telephone manner.
- Be proactive, organized and a team player.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Confident and flexible approach essential.
- We are seeking a forward-thinking individual who can ‘think on their feet’ as well as multitask and prioritise their own workload.
- We are friendly team, who work hard and have strong working ethics and have a great reputation in our industry sector. It is a relaxed environment and everyone has a ‘hands-on approach’. The ideal candidate will be bright, bubbly and personable.
The working hours for this position will be Monday to Thursday 08:30 hrs until 17:30 hrs however this is dictated by the business needs.
You will be based our Chessington Offices located in Chessington, Surrey KT9 1RH.
How to Apply
Contact us outlining your suitability for the position and why you’d like to join our company.